The Board welcomes SCPSAC/APSAC member input and feedback on the focus areas and activities of your organization (email us via “Contact Us” link).
How can you advance the organization’s efforts? See below for ways to be an even more active part of advocacy for children and professionals!
Increase state-level advocacy in action:
- A topic for upcoming white paper/editorial currently under discussion by board members
- The Board is advocating for and providing education and resources to other professionals & community partners on child safety/well being issues of Safe Sleep and the SC Daniel’s Law 2016 update (Safe Haven)
Expand membership and member involvement:
- Roundtable events are held around the state to get input & facilitate local resource connections (Next round of roundtables to be held Fall 2017–check back on our events calendar in the coming months).
- Seeking opportunities/events to promote membership, including state-only option, across disciplines that address child well being.
- Seeking opportunities to promote membership to students in appropriate disciplines.
Please share ideas for membership recruitment opportunities (via Contact Us link) and encourage colleagues to consider membership.
Increase usefulness and utilization of the SCPSAC website:
- In 2016, additional areas of information to assist professionals, including resource pages were added and we continue to add to these as we become aware of organizations and opportunities to include. Member-only discussion forums are launching Summer 2017.
- Events and News posts are being regularly updated to increase usefulness of website for our members and others interested in advocacy and action for children in SC.
Visit website regularly-stay updated on events & trainings and get involved. Please share website and news links with your colleagues, students, and others as relevant. Share ideas with the Board on information or resources that would be valuable to you (via Contact Us link at the top of the webpage).